Vehicles used for work or business purposes may not be covered under a personal auto insurance policy and may require business auto insurance to help protect drivers in case of a covered incident. Without the right auto insurance coverage, you could be putting yourself or your business at risk.
Business auto insurance can cover many different business driving purposes and situations. Whether you have one business vehicle, an entire fleet, or use your personal vehicle for business purposes, you need to ensure that you have a business auto insurance policy that gives you the right coverage.
Here are some considerations to make before buying a policy.
Do I Need Business Auto Insurance?
If you have a fleet or dedicated vehicle used for work, you may already understand that you need a business auto insurance policy for the vehicle(s). However, other situations may be less clear.
If you use your vehicle at all for work-related reasons (besides driving to and from work), your best option is to discuss your situation with a licensed insurance agent, who will be able to discuss your insurance options. Start the conversation today with one of our insurance agents by calling 844-358-5605.
Generally, if you do any of the following, you may want to contact one of our insurance agents today to make sure you have the right auto insurance coverage to keep you protected:
- Transport equipment or goods
- Drive clients or employees
- Drive someone (or yourself) to perform a service or contractual work
- Receive money to drive passengers (Uber, Lyft, etc.) or get paid to transport or deliver items (Grubhub, Doordash, Shipt, etc.)
- Tow a trailer used for business purposes
Often, these vehicle uses fall outside the scope of a personal auto insurance policy, which is why business auto insurance becomes necessary.
Our expert InsureOnline.com agents can help you navigate business auto insurance and see what options are available to you. Send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 844-358-5605 to get started.
Coverage Options for Business Auto Insurance
Many insurance carriers offer business auto insurance policies with different coverage options. A business auto insurance policy can cover a ride range of vehicles used for business operations such as cars, trucks, vans, and specialty vehicles.
The coverage you need will depend on the vehicle use and/or business needs. When shopping around for a policy, it’s important to know your options:
- Liability Coverage can help protect a business from legal and financial liabilities resulting from accidents caused by your vehicles, and it’s required in every state. Liability insurance includes bodily injury and property damage coverage.
- Collision Coverage helps pay for the repair or replacement of your vehicle(s) in case of collisions, regardless of who is found at-fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage helps protect against non-collision incidents such as theft, vandalism, fire, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage helps safeguard your business if one of your vehicles is involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Medical Payments Coverage helps pay for medical expenses incurred by drivers and passengers in your vehicles, regardless of fault.
- Rental Car Coverage will help cover rental car expenses if you need one while the business vehicle is being repaired at the shop.
Factors Affecting Business Auto Insurance Premiums
Several factors influence the cost of business auto insurance premiums. Driving record, vehicle use, industry, and many other factors will impact the premium. Some insurance carriers offer discounts, including bundle-and-save options, which can help lower costs if you qualify.
Get Business Auto Insurance Today!
You work hard for your money. Don’t put yourself at financial risk by driving uninsured or underinsured. Personal auto insurance policies and business auto insurance policies cover different vehicle uses. It’s important you have the right protection for your unique situation.
InsureOnline.com is a digital insurance agency that provides affordable insurance to consumers who want to shop and purchase insurance online while still having the option to work with an agent if they wish. The agency offers auto, home, life, health, and commercial as well as other specialty lines of insurance. Our goal is to provide an easy, fast, convenient, and safe online shopping experience for consumers looking for the best price by utilizing all the latest and greatest technology. Based in Bedford Park, IL, we are licensed to write business in many states and have a multilingual staff licensed and certified in a variety of insurance lines. We partner with many highly rated insurance companies to provide the best insurance solutions to help meet your individual needs and your budget. Buy insurance online or talk to a licensed insurance agent! It’s your choice.
The general and educational information here supports the sales, marketing, or service of insurance policies. Individuals should seek advice from their own qualified and duly licensed independent tax or legal advisors based upon their own particular circumstances.